League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By King of Bling
3/11/2016 7:11 pm
What a deep draft this is! We (Dallas) ended up getting a really good CB, a position of serious need for us at #28. We traded a future 1st and used the 31st pick of the 1st (hope he works out!) on another quality CB that was available.
I loved the pick Jax made at 30. Awesome to find such a stud that late in the round!! Oak, Mia, and GB got gems late as well!
There were two picks I thought were busts but the other 30...well done! Just my opinion for whatever that's worth, haha

Thoughts, comments, observations...?

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By Gustoon
3/12/2016 5:50 am
We had 3 picks in the bottom half of the draft with one pick separating them, we got all 3 picks, so A+ for us. I needed 2 bookend DEs, got em, I needed a stud RB, got him.
You're right KoB, this draft is deep and everything now for us s just gravy.
On the flip side I have no OC, so this season will most likely flop. I have an offer in for the worst OC in the league, see how it goes.

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By lellow2011
3/12/2016 7:07 am
End of the first round was a bit disappointing for me, I was really trying to move back up to the 10-20 range but almost nobody was on and I couldn't get a deal done.

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By Gustoon
3/12/2016 9:37 am
lellow2011 wrote:
End of the first round was a bit disappointing for me, I was really trying to move back up to the 10-20 range but almost nobody was on and I couldn't get a deal done.


Bet people were but just not responding, this is why we need chat.

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By lellow2011
3/12/2016 9:59 am
Gustoon wrote:
lellow2011 wrote:
End of the first round was a bit disappointing for me, I was really trying to move back up to the 10-20 range but almost nobody was on and I couldn't get a deal done.


Bet people were but just not responding, this is why we need chat.


No I typically look at last time online by clicking on the user when trying to make draft day trades. Also some of the picks in that range really look like AI picks meaning people weren't paying enough attention to even set their boards.

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By Morbid
3/12/2016 1:03 pm
I got a MLB that could start for me with last pick of 1st so it went well.

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By King of Bling
3/12/2016 1:45 pm
Gustoon wrote:
We had 3 picks in the bottom half of the draft with one pick separating them, we got all 3 picks, so A+ for us. I needed 2 bookend DEs, got em, I needed a stud RB, got him.
You're right KoB, this draft is deep and everything now for us s just gravy.
On the flip side I have no OC, so this season will most likely flop. I have an offer in for the worst OC in the league, see how it goes.


Your pick of Martin had to make your draft. He is a worthy top 6-8 type of talent...nice!

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By Gustoon
3/12/2016 3:00 pm
King of Bling wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
We had 3 picks in the bottom half of the draft with one pick separating them, we got all 3 picks, so A+ for us. I needed 2 bookend DEs, got em, I needed a stud RB, got him.
You're right KoB, this draft is deep and everything now for us s just gravy.
On the flip side I have no OC, so this season will most likely flop. I have an offer in for the worst OC in the league, see how it goes.


Your pick of Martin had to make your draft. He is a worthy top 6-8 type of talent...nice!


Couldn't believe he dropped that far. Also the CB J Grimm fell a long way, nice pick up by Indy there

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By King0429
3/12/2016 4:31 pm
Gustoon wrote:
King of Bling wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
We had 3 picks in the bottom half of the draft with one pick separating them, we got all 3 picks, so A+ for us. I needed 2 bookend DEs, got em, I needed a stud RB, got him.
You're right KoB, this draft is deep and everything now for us s just gravy.
On the flip side I have no OC, so this season will most likely flop. I have an offer in for the worst OC in the league, see how it goes.


Your pick of Martin had to make your draft. He is a worthy top 6-8 type of talent...nice!


Couldn't believe he dropped that far. Also the CB J Grimm fell a long way, nice pick up by Indy there


Thank You. My obvious need was at WR but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I do agree that this draft is deep.

Re: 2025 Draft thoughts, observations...

By TAFIV
3/12/2016 6:35 pm
i agree with the deep draft, didn't have a 1st round pick but was surprised what i picked up in the 2nd

2.3 LG - Russell Cairns(was RT)
2.28 DT - John Thomas